The weekly recap

Ê

Boss of the week: 

Philip Humber

Ê

For the first time in nearly two years, Philip Humber threw a perfect game, leading the Chicago White Sox to a 4-0 victory over the Seattle Mariners on April 21. 

Perfect games are a rarity, this being baseball’s 21st and the third in White Sox’s history. 

Humber threw 96 pitches, striking out the mariners nine times, drawing five ground outs and 13 fly outs. Humber was an unlikely candidate for this achievement, but he made it look effortless

Ê

Quote of the week

Ê

Ê

“For 78 minutes I was dead, and, even if I lived, [I] was expected to have suffered brain damage.”

– Bolton soccer player Fabrice Muamba who made a miraculous recovery after his heart stopped beating at last month’s FA cup match at Tottenham. He walked out of the hospital and returned home this week

Ê

Goat of the week:

Metta World Peace

Ê

With a name change that was meant to usher in a new attitude, Los Angeles Lakers forward Metta World Peace, formerly Ron Artest, seemed to return to his old ways in a game against Oklahoma City Thunder. 

World Peace made a cheap shot at OKC guard James Harden with an elbow to the side of the head after putting in a left-handed dunk in the final minute of the first half. The Los Angeles crowd cheered for him as he was ejected from the game – real classy. 

Ê

Ê

Ê

Ê

Ê