The Weekly Recap

The Boss: Drew Brees

In Sunday’s game against the Texans, the Saints managed to come back from a fourth-quarter deficit for the win. The 40-33 victory was not a breeze for the veteran quarterback, as Brees was intercepted twice. Yet, the Saints quarterback redeemed himself throwing for 370 yards and three touchdowns passes in the second half.

In the final minutes of the fourth quarter, with the Saints trailing by one, Brees handed off to running back Mark Ingram for his first career touchdown. The win was emotional: Sunday’s game marked the fifth anniversary of the rebuilt Superdome following the destruction of Hurricane Katrina. It also served as the venue for honoring Steve Gleason, a former Saint struggling with Lou Gehrig’s disease.

The Goat: Fernando Torres

The Chelsea striker has definitely not been living up to his high expectations. Torres made the move from Liverpool to Chelsea last January, stunning faithful Liverpool fans. For a fee of $50 million, Torres became the fourth most expensive football player in history. Torres has not lived up to the mammoth contract thus far, however. In the recent Manchester United and Chelsea match, with Chelsea down two goals, Torres horrendously missed an open goal. The glaring miss and numerous underwhelming performances have many Liverpool fans cheering and leave others wondering if the Spanish striker will ever live up to his bulky price tag.

Quote:

“I don’t sleep very well after any game. When you lose, and you lose the way that we lost, it’s a tough one to swallow.”

-New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady speaking to reporters after his four interceptions helped allow the Bills to pull off an incredible 34-31 upset last Sunday