Vermont Finishes Third at UNH

University of Vermont sophomore Anne Morrison broke her own school record in the pole vault at a four-team meet at the University of New Hampshire Saturday.

Morrison broke her own record in the pole vault, clearing the bar at 11-feet, 6-inches.

The height also is an ECAC qualifying height for Morrison, who owns both the indoor and outdoor pole vault records and is one of the top pole vaulters in New England. Sara Lovell was a double winner for the Catamounts, taking first place in the shot put (44-4-1/4) and the 20-pound weight (51-3/4). Her shot-put effort was good enough to qualify her for the ECAC Championships.

Other highlights included: junior captain Tee Gingras finishing third in the 800 meters (2:19.10); Cheryl Miller finishing second in the weight (45-9) and third in the shot put (39-5-1/4); freshman Maria Hanerfeld placing second in the 55-meter hurdles (8.91); Erin O’Grady, second in the 200 (27.70) and third in the 400 (1:02.95); Michele Palmer, second in the 1,500 (4:45.97) and fourth in the 1,000 (3:07.88); and Marge Bolton, second in the 3,000 in a personal-best time of 10:36.94.

Vermont finished third out of four teams with 91 points. The Catamounts compete in the America East Championships this weekend at Boston University.

-SportsInfo