Men’s lacrosse beats Bryant University on the road 16-12

+UVM+men%E2%80%99s+lacrosse+wins+11-7+against+Bryant+University+April+13.%0A
Photo Courtesy of Luke Schwartz
UVM men’s lacrosse wins 11-7 against Bryant University April 13.

The men’s lacrosse team traveled to Smithfield, RI to take on the Bryant Bulldogs in a conference matchup April 13.

The Catamounts were able to start the scoring off with a goal by senior midfielder Griffin Fenech less than a minute into the game. But the Bulldogs were able to respond with a three-goal run, two of which came by the stick of attacker Kevin Groeninger.

The first period ended with the score of 4-2 in Bryant’s favor, and the Bulldogs looked to push ahead further thanks to a goal by midfielder Nathan Laliberte five seconds into the second quarter.

Then the Catamounts registered an unanswered five-goal run highlighted by two goals from graduate attacker Brock Haley. Bryant was able to break up the scoring train late in the second, setting the score at 7-6 with about four minutes remaining.

The Bulldogs then proceeded to give up a six-goal run to Vermont’s offense. First-year attacker Max Frattaroli registered a hat trick in the run. Bryant managed to score a goal in the closing minutes of the third period, setting the score at 13-7 in Vermont’s favor.

Junior attacker Charlie Pope scored two of Vermont’s three goals in the fourth period, recording his own hat trick on the day. While Bryant scored five goals in the fourth period, they never really threatened to take the lead as Vermont won the game 16-12.

Looking to continue their road winning success, Vermont travels to Lowell, MA to take on the UMass Lowell River Hawks April 20.