Men’s soccer program announces captains for 2024-25 season

Photo Courtesy of Ed Wolfstein
UVM men’s soccer announces captains for the 2024-25 season.

Last Wednesday, Vermont men’s soccer head coach Rob Dow announced via the Athletics Department that the team had voted on three new captains for the 2024-25 season.

Senior defender Zach Barrett, junior defender Adrian Schulze Solano and fifth-year goalkeeper Edgar Vargas will lead the Catamounts in their fight for the America East conference title next fall.

Graduating midfielder Daniel Pacella helped lead the Catamounts on the field for the past three seasons, and accumulated numerous America East accolades.

Vargas was listed as a captain for the 2023-24 campaign but did not see game action. Vargas has seen sparse action in his five seasons with Vermont, last playing in 2022. Now a graduate student, next year will be his sixth with UVM.

Barrett will enter his senior season, and fourth with the Vermont program. He’s played 67 career games, 66 of which have been starts. In 2023, Barrett was named to the United Soccer Coaches All-Northeast First Team, as well as the America East All-Conference first team. He has twice been named to the All Conference second team, in 2021 and 2022 respectively.

Schulze Solano is also entering his senior and fourth season with the program. He’s started 46 games in his Catamount career and found himself part of an additional 11 off the bench.

Twice being named to the America East All-Conference Second Team in 2022 and 2023, Schulze Solano was also named to the America East All-Rookie Team and awarded the America East Championship Most Outstanding Player in 2021.

All three of the 2024-25 Captains were on the 2021 America East Championship team.