Week 15: Cynic predictions

Every week, members of the sports section will predict who will be victorious in their NFL match-ups.

Cowboys vs. Eagles

Despite having used both  Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez, at the quarterback position, the Eagles have maintained one of the most stable offenses in the league. Foles has missed the last four games with a broken collarbone, leaving Sanchez to take lead.

The Eagles scored a touchdown on 35 percent of their red zone drives under Foles, yet under Sanchez they’ve managed to convert 52 percent of their red zone drives.

While the Eagles rely more on passes, Dallas relies more on the ground game, led by star running-back Demarco Murray who leads the league in rushing yards, sitting at 1,187.

I think the Eagles will pull this one off, defeating the Dallas Cowboys in Philadelphia this Sunday.

Cowboys: Armin and Zach

Eagles: Alex, Andrew, Cam, Colby, Dave, Freddy, Jack, Owen and Stu

Dolphins vs. Patriots

The New England Patriots are 9-3 and in first place in the AFC East as well as the entire conference. The Miami Dolphins are 7-5, sitting second in the AFC East and holding the sixth and final playoff spot.

The Patriots have had a strong second half of the season, aside from their tough loss against Green Bay in week 13.

For this one, being a full hearted New England fanatic, I predict the Pats will have no trouble defeating the Dolphins.

Dolphins: Freddy

Patriots: Alex, Andrew, Armin, Cam, Colby, Dave, Jack, Owen, Stu and Zach.

Broncos vs. Chargers

The Denver Broncos and San Diego Chargers have already faced each other this year, with the Broncos taking the win 35-24. The Broncos have asserted their dominance in the league, sitting in first in the AFC West with the Chargers close behind in second place.

Chargers quarterback Phillip Rivers is one of the best late season quarterbacks in the NFL, boasting a 33-6 record for regular season games in December and January.

I’m going say that the Chargers upset the Broncos due to the sense of urgency the last regular season games bring.

Broncos: Alex, Armin, Cam, Dave, Jack, Owen, Stu and Zach

Chargers: Andrew, Colby and Freddy