A look at local festivals

Summers in Burlington may get a little lonely if your friends go back home. Luckily, the arts scene booms this time of year. You can get your groove on and make some new friends at these exciting upcoming events.Ben & Jerry?s Concerts on the GreenFeaturing some of my favorite concerts of every summer, Ben & Jerry?s Concerts on the Green are your typical Vermont shows. This year?s concert line-up is guaranteed to break my bank, as it will feature Ray LaMontagne May 28, Old Crow Medicine Show July 29 and more.Price range: $28 to $54Red Square AlleyFor consistently good bands at low prices, Red Square is the place to go. Even as the wind blows through the alley, the warm Burlington summers encourage t-shirts and shorts all night, every night. Acts include Josh Panda and the Hot Damned, Kat Wright and the Indomitable Soul Band, The DuPont Brothers Band, Ben Donovan and the Congregation, Waylon Speed, Craig Mitchell and many more. Price range: Free to $7 Burlington Discover Jazz Festival ? May 30 to June 8The Burlington Discover Jazz Festival is one of Vermont?s biggest events. In the past, the festival has seen acts such as Ella Fitzgerald, Dizzy Gillespie, Herbie Hancock, Dave Brubeck and Trey Anastasio. This year is shaping up to be another big one, featuring headliners such as Tony Bennett and Maceo Parker, as well as free shows on Church Street from local favorites such as Josh Panda. Price range: Free to $152Lake Champlain Maritime Festival ?Aug. 7 to Aug. 10The Lake Champlain Maritime Festival is every family?s dream, from carnival activities to sailing and some of the best local music that Burlington has to offer. Kick the weekend off with the Pirate 5k Run and check out performers such as The Avett Brothers, Buddy Guy and Umphrey?s McGee. Price range: Free to $50Champlain Valley Fair Concerts ? Aug. 22 to Aug. 31The Champlain Valley Fair brings in Vermont?s biggest acts of the year. An enormous event that has kept its ?Vermonty? charm, the fair features rides, agriculture and livestock competitions and all the fried food you can imagine. This year?s line-up features Dierks Bentley, Jeff Dunham, Hunter Hayes and the Goo Goo Dolls with Daughtry and the Plain White T?s. Price range for concerts: $27 to $74.25