Psytrance duo infects Higher Ground

Burlington is a city known for its wide variety of personalities. Concert venue Higher Ground does its best to bring in acts that are most attractive to this eclectic community and hit the mark with singular act Infected Mushroom.Burlingtons experimental music lovers welcomed Infected Mushroom to the stage on Saturday Jan. 12, at the Higher Ground Ballroom with open arms and feet, ready to get weird on the dance floor.The Israeli duo, Amit Duvdevani and Erex Eisen, each took their place in separate 3-D pods that gave the audience intense light visuals to enhance the psychedelic trance music experience.In the late 90s, Infected Mushroom began experimenting with computer sounds, synths and drum machines, straying away from the typical flanel-clad bands of that era.What they soon discovered would be known as psychedelic trance, one of the mainstays of contemporary electronic music.Currently residing in Los Angeles, Infected Mushroom has been ranked twice as the worlds 10 Best DJs in the Bible of the Scene by the U.Ks DJ Magazine.Knowing all of this before the show, I was anxious to finally hear what I had been missing.I walked into the venue, for an appropriate midnight hour show, to Infected Mushrooms 2012 remix of their earlier debuted song The Messenger.Infected Mushroom filled the night with songs such as Never Mind, Pink Nightmares, Becoming Insane, and Project 100.The duo also treated the crowd to their most popular song Heavyweight, as well as a cover of The Pretender by the Foo Fighters.Infected Mushrooms deep and danceable beats are best suited to a live setting, and the enthusiastic crowd made it easy to step right in and start dancing.Check out Infected Mushrooms latest LP Army of Mushrooms on iTunes.