Rusko takes on Higher Ground

Rusko will be performing at Higher Ground’s Memorial Auditorium on Feb. 12. 

Rusko, the stage name of Christopher Mercer, is a widely known English dubstep record producer and DJ. 

Rusko stepped onto the dubstep scene through an event called “Sub Dub” in Leeds, England. 

He moved to London soon after and began growing in popularity.

It is safe to say that Rusko has his own subgenre. His music is a wave of energy that is fun, infectious and unique. 

With singles such as “Everyday,” “Hold On” and “Woo Boost,” fans can expect only the best from Rusko’s upcoming album “SONGS.”

The Vermont Cynic had the chance to speak with Rusko regarding his music career. 

Vermont Cynic: Music has always been a big part of your life. What are some of your major influences?

Rusko: I’m influenced by everybody from Squarepusher — he is an absolute GENIUS — to Roger Troutman to Kraftwerk.

VC: Why do you think people gravitate toward your music? What makes you stand out in the dubstep genre?

Rusko: I’d like to say it’s because they know it’ll be chock-full of energy.

VC: What is it like touring all over the world? 

Rusko: Really wicked, but it can get exhausting at times. I can’t complain though.

VC: Do you have any new projects you are particularly excited about?

Rusko: [I’m] very excited about my upcoming album “SONGS,” which will be coming out March 27. 

We just put out the first single, “Somebody To Love,” as well its music video, in January.

I’ll also be putting out an EP with Cypress Hill in April.

As a Rusko fan, I highly suggest listening to his new single “Somebody To Love” and watching the music video. 

Listeners will instantly be persuaded to buy a ticket to the upcoming Burlington show for their own chance to experience Rusko’s brilliance. 

Visit Higher Ground’s website to purchase tickets and find out more about the show.