UVM DJs sparking BTV

Most UVM students have a hard enough time balancing extracurriculars along with their studies. A couple have the added duty of running their own music production company.Electrode Entertainment is collective of DJs and live music entertainers, many of them students, working together to produce and promote live electronic music and events in the Burlington area. It also happens to be the only student owned and operated production company in Burlington.Jordan Fiegleman and Jacob Smock, also known as DJ Ordan and DJ Jakels, say on Electrode Entertainments Facebook page that they came together in 2011 to provide Burlington with quality live music entertainment.But throwing events is not the only responsibility that members of Electrode Entertainment have to balance.Im a full time student, a DJ, and I have a job at New World Tortilla. I never have any down time anymore. A blessing and a curse! I love it though, Electrode DJ and junior Brendan Striebe said.Fiegleman and Smock have also had to learn how to fund the company while keeping on top of their music and schoolwork.As many can imagine it isnt easy for two college students to come up with thousands of dollars for an event, but over the years we have really learned how to successfully budget ourselves, Fiegleman said.Despite the responsibilities that come along with running the company, Fiegleman said that having a team you can count on makes the stress worth it.The current members of Electrode Entertainment are Ordan and Jakels as well as Cake Effect, WholeZ, Stormcloud, Thath, Brendan.Striebe, and Jiffins, according to their Facebook page.When looking for DJs to add to the company, Fiegleman said they look for dedication.It really means a lot to us when someone takes initiative and goes above and beyond what we ask of them, he said.Electrode Entertainment has previously brought DJs such as GTA, LUMINOX, Orchard Lounge, Robotic Pirate Monkey and Lazerdisk Party Sex to Burlington venues such as Higher Ground and Metronome within the past semester.Yet it would be difficult to pin the Electrode DJs to just one genre.Its kind of awesome for me because Im constantly hearing guys on our team play, and its always different, Fiegleman said. And despite the busy schedules the members of Electrode Entertainment deal with, the outcome of a successful event leave them with a feeling that just cant be beat.But honestly for Jake and myself its way more important that the fans enjoy themselves, and go home wanting more,” Fiegleman said. “As a student run business we realize that most of the people at our shows are students and we do our best to cater to that.Day of show and load in are always really hectic and stressful but when everyone on our team pulls together it really makes something great, Fiegleman said.Electrodes next event will feature gLAdiator, a DJ duo from Los Angeles, at Club Metronome Thurs. Mar. 14.