Montreal hosting annual winter, summer festivals

While its too late to book a reservation for UVMs SnowJam 2013, dont feel left out if you havent done so.

Its nice to go to Montreal and actually have a reason to do so outside of the infatuation with drinking legally, and here are some events to mark on your calendar that will allow you to do so:

This is the biggest month for Montreal happenings during the school year. Montreal is one of the most attractive locations in Canada for established musicians.

In the summer, The Osheaga festival comes to the Island of Parc Jean-Drapeau in Montreal for three days of performances by well-known artists such as Of Monsters and Men, M83, Zeds Dead, Bombay Bicycle Club, Snoop Dogg and A$AP Rocky.

Awesome, but were at the exact opposite end of the year for this event. Tickets havent even gone on sale yet, but if youre intrigued and want to plan a summer trip with your friends, stay in the loop at http://www.osheaga.com/en/.

Now for the more recent festival being hosted by the metropolitan area: Igloofest. For those who are more into alternative-rock, save your money for Osheaga.

But if you prefer the electronic music scene, its a good idea to invest in tickets for Igloofest. Starting this weekend, Igloofest runs four weekends straight through February 9th.

Tickets for the festival start at $40, and can be purchased on their website at http://igloofest.ca/. (Be sure to translate the website to English).

If youre looking to bump to artists such as Apashe, Audiofly, Chocobeats, Diagraf, E1000 and Jay London, be sure to visit the website provided above, collect, gather, even buy some friends and make a trip up to Montreal.

There you have it-Whats happening off campus in beautiful Vermont, whats happening in Burlington, and what north of the border has to offer.

Stay tuned to the life section for coverage on the Mascara Militia, get down to Levity if you think youre funny, and get up to Montreal for live music production and some moderate legal consumption.