Shirt sales help fund childrens’ health care

Buy a shirt, help save a life.

Borue, meaning to go and to inspire positivity, is a new non-profit website with the goal of making a difference in the lives of children all over the world, one T-shirt at a time.

UVM alumni Mushtaba Yuridullah founded Borue last year as a way to help those in need attain basic human necessities, such as health care.

Our mission is to fund low cost, high impact medical care, Yuridullah said.

The way Borue helps children in need is by selling shirts with positive slogans printed on the front.

The slogans coincide with the group’s overall goals.

We are selling T-shirts within the UVM campus, but we want to get the community involved, sophomore Fatima Sameen said.

The shirts being sold now contain slogans such as Being Human and Life is Beautiful with beautiful written in 24 different languages.

The idea is to buy something that you like and then have the donation happen simply as a result of your purchase, Yuridullah said.

Each shirt costs $20 and the net profit goes toward Borue’s cause of the month.

This month’s cause is Watsi, a global crowdfunding platform for healthcare.

The site allows online donations to directly fund life-changing medical care for people in need, according to their website.

Borue started out by helping local children in Burlington, but since then has grown to benefit children worldwide.

The main team is primarily from Vermont, Sameen said. We really want to try to get more people aware of our cause.

Borue chose to work with shirts, according to their website, because shirts can contain slogans to raise awareness.

I think that the growth of Borue can help UVM students come together and help a wonderful project and build community, Sameen said.

The shirts are printed locally in Burlington at Catalyst Design on Main Street.

This might just encourage more folks to give, Yuridullah said.

100 percent of the net profits from the shirt sales go directly to Watsi, or whatever other monthly causes are.

From there, the net profits work directly to fund an individual in needÕs medical care costs.

Sameen was born in Sri Lanka and Yuridullah was born in Afghanistan.

Borue gave Yuridullah an opportunity to help children in his home country.

Something, he said, he has wanted to do his whole life.