New SGA leaders elected

Hours after voting closed March 25, new SGA leadership was announced.

Junior Jason Maulucci and sophomore Tyler Davis have been elected as SGA president and vice president respectively, according to a March 25 email from the chair of the elections committee, junior Katie Hickey. Polls opened 8 a.m. March 24 and closed at 4 p.m. March 25.

Maulucci and Davis were sanctioned due to not turning in their platforms on time and were not able to post them on SGA’s website, Davis said. However, the platform was posted on their Facebook campaign group.

“I wasn’t really surprised,” Maulucci said. “I was so proud, like humbled by the enormous contributions that my friends put in and all the hard work. By the end of the day I was going to be satisfied either way because so many people worked so hard for me, there was no way I could’ve been upset with the outcome.”

Davis said that he too felt humbled by the election results and the amount of support he received. “It’s very humbling to be put in such a position,” Davis said. “It was really great to see how many people came out and supported me. And of course I feel great about it, but I’m also humbled in that I know that I have a lot to learn.”

Maulucci and Davis were asked what their first actions would be as the new leaders of the student body.

“The first thing that I plan on doing is establishing a team of hardworking individuals who I think are capable of leading the organization forward,” Maulucci said.

Davis echoed a similar goal, and said one of his main focuses will be to develop the student-resident ambassador committee that he formed earlier this year. This committee aims to strengthen the relationship between student and non-student residents.

“I think that all of my opponents should be incredibly proud of the campaigns they ran,” Maulucci said. “They worked hard, they had a great number of volunteers out for them, they were inspiring campaigns.” year both a reality and successful,” Davis said.