Letter to the editor: Local representative writes in

Dear Editor,

I am the Representative for the new Burlington House District, Chittenden 6-6, which includes part of UVM, as well as parts of the Hill Section and Downtown Burlington. I am serving on the House Education Committee .

My interest in education issues include access to quality early education for all children, assuring that all children are succeeding and finding ways to make higher education more affordable.

The State House is open and all are welcome and encouraged to visit. It is an amazingly well preserved historical building.

Of course, getting involved or observing the political process is also fascinating.

You can sit in on committee meetings, or in the Senate or House gallery. I am also happy to talk to people about internships.

There are a lot of important issues being discussed this session and your voice is important.

Here is the link to the website where you can see the calendar and bills introduced: http://www.leg.state.vt.us/.

I am eager to hear from you. I am also happy to talk to students about getting involved in the political process.

I am honored to have this opportunity to serve Burlington. You can reach me at [email protected] or by calling the state house at 800-322-5616.

Sincerely,

Barbara Rachelson

State Representative

Burlington, VT