SEABA hosts 20th art hop

The South End Arts and Business Association (SEABA) is putting on its 20th South End Art Hop from Friday, Sept. 7 to Sunday, Sept. 9.Artist studios and local businesses around Pine Street will host the three-day event and display the artistic creations of over 500 participating artists.The Art Hop will also host a lineup of musicians at Signal Kitchen on Main Street. This years performers will include local acts Zack DuPont and Lowell Thompson.UVM junior Arline Weaver said she attends the Art Hop every year.I love the music, Weaver said. There are always a lot of local and new musicians and theyre usually around to talk to and hang out with after they perform.On each day of the Art Hop, events such as glass casting demonstrations, the art of henna, beer tasting, wood fired pottery and live jazz music will occur, along with several specialty events on Saturday.Nancy Stone and Janet Fredericks are among the Vermont artists whose paintings will be exhibited, and Emily McCracken will display her chocolate sculpture works at Lake Champlain Chocolates.Strut!, the Art Hop fashion show, will present the clothing designs of more than 20 local designers. Two runway shows, admission priced at $12, will take place in a tent behind the Maltex Building at 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.Kids Hop will be presented as a special event on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Bookmaking, beading and kite making are among the many crafts workshops that will be available.As a collaboration between businesses in the South End Arts District, the creative minds of the Burlington region and the sponsors and volunteers contributing time and funds to the event, the Art Hop brings together all members of the Burlington community to appreciate and showcase the talent and innovation of the population.