This Week in Live Music

?Thursday, Aug. 30: Kat Wright and the Indomitable Soul Band. Radio Bean. 11 p.m. $3.Kat Wright is a sweetheart, but the girl knows how to get down and dirty in her weekly residency at the Radio Bean. Wright sings the blues with heart, and if you?ve never heard her and her band, it?s a Burlington must-see. The band advertises that they go on at 11p.m., but you can expect them to roll in around midnight and take you right through 2a.m. It?s an all-ages show, and well worth your $3.Friday, Aug. 31: Mildred Moody?s Full Moon Masquerade with Craig Mitchell & Motor City. 9 p.m. $5 with a mask, $7 without. 21+.Craig Mitchell is a staple in Burlington. Few know that in addition to being one of the best DJs around, Mitchell is also a phenomenal singer. This is going to be his last show with Motor City, which makes it a must-see. The show, regrettably, is 21+. If you?re eligible, get your mask ? and freak ? on and get yourself to Nectar?s for an amazing Friday night! This show is a part of Mildred Moody, a well-known series that benefits local charities and nonprofits once a month on the full moon. Look out for more highlights of the series here in the future. Saturday, Sept. 1: Karaoke at JP?s. 10 p.m. 21+. This is not a show for the faint of heart. JP?s is always hopping, and karaoke night usually features a bachelorette party ? prepare yourself.Sunday, Sept. 2: Zac Brown Band. Champlain Valley Fair Exposition in Essex. 7 p.m.If you haven?t heard of Zac Brown, you?re missing out. This monster national country act is a huge asset to the Champlain Valley Fair?s concert lineup this year. Coming from someone who hates modern, ?good old boy? country music most of the time, this guy does it right. Don?t get me wrong: He is definitely a pop-country musician and you should expect a smooth voice, lots of references to our brave men and women overseas and a whole lot of fried chicken. The difference with Zac Brown is that he embodies everything he sings. Zac Brown?s audience is one you want to be in, and well worth your money along with the trip on the Essex Bus (CCTA, #2 from Cherry Street in downtown Burlington). Take a Green Cab back. Tickets are available at flynntix.org.Monday, Sept. 3: Trio Gusto. Radio Bean. 5 p.m.Trio Gusto is a gypsy jazz band. With energetic music good for both dancing and listening, these guys have something for everybody. This show is a great way to end Labor Day weekend and ease yourself into some homework using Radio Bean?s free Wi-Fi.Tuesday, Sept. 4: Honky Tonk Tuesday. Radio Bean. 10 p.m. $3.Honky Tonk is another fantastic weekly residency that Radio Bean offers. Along with being one of the nicest guys in town, Honky Tonk front-man Brett Hughes is a fantastic musician. Most often joined by the likes of Sean Preece on drums, Brett Lainier on pedal steel, and Marie Claire on piano, they have recently welcomed a new bass player, Pat Melvin. Honky Tonk also features the likes of Lowell Thompson, Caleb Elder, Mark Spencer, Mark Ransom, Ryan Miller of Guster, Eugene Hutz of Gogol Bordello, Kat Wright and Gordon Stone. If you like a happy, dancing, drinking crowd in an all-ages venue, this is the place for you. Wednesday, Sept. 5: Jessica Smucker. Radio Bean. 7 p.m. Jess is a Pennsylvania-based singer/songwriter. The combination of her beautiful piano playing, unexpectedly strong voice, blues and folk roots and unfaltering poetic lyrics make for a wonderful show every time. Catch her while she?s here.