Dr. Dog and Frankie Cosmos to headline FallFest

Kudu+Stooge%2C+Vundabar+and+Snakehips+perform+at+UVM%E2%80%99s+annual+FallFest+concert+Oct.+14%2C+2017+in+the+Patrick+Gym.+The+event+sold+out+right+before+doors+opened+at+8+p.m.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Kudu Stooge, Vundabar and Snakehips perform at UVM’s annual FallFest concert Oct. 14, 2017 in the Patrick Gym. The event sold out right before doors opened at 8 p.m.

Phil Caruthers

Phil Caruthers

Phil Caruthers

Bridget Higdon, Culture Editor

Dr. Dog and Frankie Cosmos will be the headliners for this year’s FallFest. The announcement was made by UVM Program Board, Oct. 5. UVM’s Father Figuer will be the opening act.

FallFest, an annual concert hosted by UPB, will take place at 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 19 in Patrick Gym.

Dr. Dog is an American indie rock band based in Philadelphia. The band released their tenth album, “Critical Equation” April 27. Guitarist Scott McKicken, bass guitarist Toby leaman, rhythm guitarist Frank McElroy, keyboardist Zach Miller, and drummer Eric Slick make up the band. Vocals and songwriting  are shared between McMicken and Leaman, according the band’s website.

Frankie Cosmos is a musician and singer-songwriter. Her third album, “Vessel” was released March 30, according to her website. She is a native of New York City and previously performed at ArtsRiot in Burlington, May 3.

Father Figuer is an all-female band located in Burlington, VT. The band competed in UPB’s Battle of the Bands last spring. Father Figuer’s music can be found on Soundcloud.

Tickets for FallFest are available for purchase online at tickets.uvm.edu. Tickets are $10 for UVM students.

About the Writer
Bridget Higdon, Culture Editor

Bridget Higdon is a junior English major who joined the Cynic in September 2016. She was previously the Arts Editor before she launched the first Culture...