Swim into spring

The month of April has finally graced us with its presence and it’s time to hit up North Beach — or the campus green — with your bangin’ new bathing suit. Here are some of our favorite new trends for you to pick and choose from.Pin-up style: Bring it back to the 1950s with this modestly cut style that, although a one-piece, will nonetheless accentuate your curves. The bottoms are typically boy shorts, if that’s more of your thing. And if you can’t handle the one-piece, there are two-piece options that still have the pin-up neckline and will still make you look classy and glamorous!Underwire: The best part of your bra just became part of your bathing suit! Try underwire bathing suit tops for added lift and/or support.Prints: There are so many types to choose from: animal prints, neon prints, animal neon prints, geometric patterns — you name it. Or, if you just want the traditional yellow polka-dotted or monochromatic, go for it. A tip from us: In general, darker colors tend to minimize, and lighter colors tend to maximize, so use discretion!Tankinis: Looking to show a little less skin? Don’t settle for a shirt and Sofee shorts! Tankinis are a cute alternative and loosely cover your stomach without losing that bikini look. Details: For those of you who aren’t satisfied with just fabric, search for bathing suits that are spiced up by those little things that make it unique. Fringes, beads and ruffles — many bathing suit bottoms have ruffle skirts attached — are big this season. Try things that really pull a suit together, such as rings or buckles.Monokinis: We saved the best for last. Never heard of it? Imagine a one-piece with the whole middle cut out except one skinny part in the front. Depending on your preference, the amount that’s cut out can vary — there are monokinis that cover more of the stomach, and ones that are practically connected by a string. While they don’t create the best tan lines, they’re definitely worth a shot.Cover-ups: There are a lot of cheap options out there for your attire for your trip to the beach or the pool, but if you’re not interested in investing, any old dress — particularly one that is flowy — should work fine.Believe us, your bathing suit from junior year of high school is not something you want to recycle. Look around — you’re in for a pleasant surprise. Happy spring!