Campus crime information available to students

For students curious about crime on campus, the 2009-10 crime report is now available. The University of Vermont’s annual security report includes statistics for the previous three completed calendar years concerning reported crimes. “I had no idea that I could access this information,” sophomore Jen Attig said. “I wish it was more publicized that this was out there.” The report includes institutional policies concerning alcohol and drug abuse, crime prevention, the reporting of crime, sexual assault and other information and resource referrals. “We ask that you do your part to help protect yourself and others,” Chief of UVM Police Services Lianne Toumey said. “I encourage you to carefully review this brochure, especially the crime prevention tips.” As a requirement of The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990, known as The Clery Act, campus safety information is published for the university community via the Internet. “Personal safety is a responsibility each and every one of us bears, and we at Police Services need your assistance to make our campus a safe environment in which to learn, live and grow,” Toumey said. An e-mail was recently sent out to students providing the link to the UVM Clery Report. If you have any questions or suggestions about campus safety, law enforcement at UVM or how to improve this guide, please feel free to contact Police Services at 656-2027 or via e-mail at [email protected] with your comments or suggestions.