Cool Student Publications: Vantage Point

Are you looking for an outlet for all that creativity that your boring classes keep bottled up? Would you like to see your work in an established UVM publication that is entirely student run? If you answered yes to either of these questions, Vantage Point may be just the organization for you. We are the sole literary and artistic magazine on campus and we’re looking for people to send in their work and also to come to meetings to decide what goes in the magazine. Meetings are every Monday night at 7:00 pm in the Jost Conference Room in the Old Mill Annex, A500. They generally last an hour and are a great way to meet other people interested in writing and art and all that creative stuff. Don’t worry if you aren’t an English or visual art major, the editor and assistant editor aren’t, so you don’t need to be either (if you are, we won’t kick you out, though). If the meetings are too much for you, we always need submissions of anything we could put on a page. This includes, but is not at all limited to: pen and ink drawings, comic strips, plays, short stories, essays, paintings, collages, and of course, poems. We are always open to new ideas, so if you want to see your work in print, send it to [email protected]. There are very few rules about what you can submit. If it is art, it needs to be smaller than 11″x 17″ so we can fit it in a scanner. Please send us electronic copies of any written work, so we don’t have to type it. As far as censorship goes, we value our artistic integrity and are the only ones who decide what goes in. The deadline is October 6, so get your stuff in soon. If you have any questions or want to be involved in any way, please send us an email at [email protected].