Death Cab for Cutie at UVM

It’s time to get out your Converse shoes, vintage t-shirts, and faded jeans, ladies and gentlemen, because Death Cab For Cutie is coming to town. If this name means nothing to you right now, it soon will. Living in a musical day and age in which the term “indie rock” has formed and reformed itself more times than one can keep track of, Death Cab For Cutie has somehow found a way to maintain a sense of individuality without taking away from its musical creativity.

Formed in 1997, as a solo project of lead vocalist/guitarist Ben Gibbard (who recorded under the name All-Time Quarterback), in Seattle, WA, DCFC reminds us that it is okay to be young, ambitious, and without a clue as to what you want to do with your life. DCFC is comprised of Chris Walla (keyboard/guitar), Nick Hammer (bass) and Nathan Good (drums). Somehow in the mesh of it all, DCFC has found a way to seamlessly intertwine pop and rock to create a sound that is not afraid to rock it out – sensitive style.

Transatlanticism, the new album from DCFC, which was released last Tuesday (October 7th) is the band’s sixth release and comes in the wake of Gibbard’s recent electro/pop project, The Postal Service.

Death Cab For Cutie will perform in Billings Student Center, North Lounge, on October 18th with support from The Long Winters. This is an SA concert & WRUV-sponsored show. Tickets are $10 for students and $14 for non-students. Doors open at 9:00. Don’t miss out on one of the best indie rock shows to come to Burlington in a long time.