Don’t Wait to Quit Smoking

Maybe you’ve seen the Grim Reaper around the UVM campus. He’s there to remind us all of the consequences of smoking. Are you trying to quit smoking? Picture yourself a non-smoker using the self-help program tailored for UVM medical, undergraduate students, faculty and staff in November during the Great American Smoke Out. This self-help program has never been easier to assist you in quitting smoking.Quitting smoking doesn’t have to be stressful “cold turkey”. The extensive human and material support available make the cravings easier to ignore, and replace them with healthy pleasures. You can learn more at any of our three locations on Nov. 20th in the Atrium Cafeteria, Cook Commons, in front of Waterman Lounge or visit this website: www.uvm.edu/health/tobacco.Partnering organizations such as the American Cancer Society, Coalition for a Tobacco Free Vermont, Fletcher Allen, UVM Employee Assistance Program, Vermont Department of Health and City Market are helping our campaign in significant ways. If you can’t make the commitment to quit this month, call the Quitline 877-Yes-Quit (937-7848). But why wait – find the help you need at UVM’s Great American Smokeout.-UVM Health & Wellness