Football Picks Week 5

Tennessee at BaltimoreI believe this will be the week that Kerry Collins and the new-faced Titans will falter. Everything has looked good for the Titans under center since Young went out with an injury. The defense is sweet and the O-line is doing their job. But the Ravens D is mean and McGahee is looking to turn it up. Ravens win this division rivalry for the home crowd.Baltimore 17, Tennessee 13Atlanta at Green BayJust like it is here in the 802, it’s starting to cool down in Green Bay. The dirty birds are used to their southern heat and their dome. Weather won’t play that much of a role, it’s the Packers passing game and passing D – headlined by my man Charles Woodson, who already has two pick-sixes this season. Cheese heads send the Falcons packing. Green Bay 28, Atlanta 20 San Diego at MiamiI’d love to pick the upset. But the difference between Miami’s Week 3 upset and this Week 5 matchup is that the Chargers have the league’s second ranked scoring offense. The Pats offense went on sabbatical after Brady’s injury. LT and Rivers will be too much for the ‘Fins, even at home. San Diego 34, Miami 25 Buffalo at ArizonaMy beloved Bills are rolling. Unfortunately, the train stops in the desert. I like the Cardinals this year – they have an extremely potent offense that is ready to break loose on any play from anywhere on the field and statistically they have the fifth ranked scoring defense. Look for the desert to induce a scoring drought for the Bills.Arizona 23, Buffalo 13 Tampa Bay at DenverThis is my upset pick of the week. There is no reason for Denver to lose this game, but Brian Griese was a loose cannon in Week 3, and maybe he’ll show some of that magic this week. The Bucs’ D this year is rather week for a Gruden team, and I really see no reason why they will win, which is why I’m picking them.Tampa Bay 26, Denver 23Cincinnati at DallasCarson Palmer is a big time quarterback. Houshmandzadeh and Ocho Cinco are prime time receivers. Why does the Bengal offense rank in the low 20s in scoring offense? The Cowboys also have dynamite gunslingers and receivers and they’ll be ready to explode on the struggling Bengals. Dallas 31, Cincinnati 17