FOOTBALL PICKS: WEEK 8

Arizona at CarolinaI’m high on Arizona right now and – because they play in the worst division in the NFL – if they can go .500 against non-divisional opponents they’ll be a lock for the playoffs. The emergence of Steve Breaston and JJ Arrington in Boldin’s absence has been crucial. The Cards will take out a weak Panther team that surrendered 27 points to the Bucs in week eight. Cardinals 33, Panthers 23Buffalo at MiamiMiami is better than expected this year, but so are the Bills. Miami has a strong rush D, so look for Edwards to find WR Lee Evans over top of the weak Dolphin secondary. If Miami DBs have a strong showing look for the upset, but I’ve got to go with my Bills. Bills 25, Dolphins 23St. Louis at New EnglandThe Pats’ offense is a melting pot of talent that goes to waste with Matt Cassel under center. Any other experienced QB could lead this offense to more than 17 points per game. But Cassel just isn’t experienced. However, playing St. Louis will be like playing a high school team, which happens to be the last time Cassel was a starter. The Pats have too much talent everywhere but under center to lose to the Rams.Patriots 21, Rams 10N.Y. Giants at PittsburghThis Pittsburgh D is mean. The linebackers are dominant and have a knack for finding opposing teams’ QBs. Many sportscasters are saying Eli is eclipsing Peyton as the best Manning. This game might say a lot about Eli, because he’ll only face a defense this strong a few times this season. Whoever makes a stronger defensive showing in the trenches will take this. It’ll be close.Steelers 26, Giants 23Atlanta at Philadelphia I watched ‘Invincible’ the other day. I think that’s destiny telling me to pick McNabb and his Eagles. Westbrook is so electrifying with the ball in his hands and is continually one of the most underrated players in the league. This battle of the birds goes to the Eagles. Eagles 35, Falcons 24Indianapolis at Tennessee Tennessee has had the top ranked scoring D through seven weeks and it has translated into a zero in the losses column. But Indy and Peyton are coming to Nashville to hit the Titans with a reality check. Indy is still loaded with talent, especially in their receiving corps. Look for Indy to upset Tennessee in this Monday Night Football showdown. Colts 24, Titans 17