From the mouth of a self-confessed addict

After four seasons of the hit show “Lost,” we faithful fans find ourselves asking the same question John Locke asks Jack: “Why do you find it so hard to believe?”The amazing, and scary, thing is that we don’t. We’re hooked and we’re not afraid to admit it. Creators J.J. Abrams, Jeffrey Lieber and Damon Lindelof have pushed audiences to the breaking point of our threshold of plausibility.Rewind and experience such storylines as raging polar bears, smoke that chases the survivors, dead people reappearing in visions and theories that the island is really purgatory. Thousands of web sites and fan pages have been dedicated to the very questions the show posts: ‘Don’t you think it’s all just a little too hard to believe? Haven’t there been too many questions and not enough answers?’We left the Oceanic Six at the end of season four just as they re-entered society, while the rest of the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815 are left on the island just as Ben “moved” the island.Have I lost you? Pun intended. The complicated plot lines of the show makes it that much more engaging, stimulating and addicting. The genius of it is that the show stays contemporary after four seasons of the same basic setting and cast of characters. As Locke and Jack battled for the right to say, “I’m right,” season four ended with a climatic question: what will happen next? We as audiences will be there no matter how few questions are answered. Locke wonders why Jack can’t believe in the power of the island and its ability to grip him emotionally in a way he can’t explain. In true Jack form, he retorts, “Why do you find it so easy?”Any “Lost” fan could tell you that. It grips us in a way we can’t explain, and we only want to know what’s going to happen next.