Happiness (response to A Quiet Night In)

Happiness is Where You Find ItDear Editor: Welcome to college, have fun. With so many possibilities of excitement, I don’t see how anyone could find this place boring. Though I agree high school was comprised of complaints about the agonizingly boring life, didn’t we all come to college to get away from that? Times like these call for you to dispose of the old ways, and embrace the swirling excitement that goes on all around Burlington. It’s easy to say nothing is going on, but you need to experience everything before you give up. Stereotypical college life is the frat party, and I can see why some people wouldn’t like that scene: But in this case you have to ask yourself what you really are looking for? The obvious things like movies, downtown, and shopping get old when they become as much a part of your schedule as the classes you take during the week. That’s when you need to break the seal of regularity, do something new and exciting. Hiking could be a great activity, because you never know what you’re going to find in the woods. Or try taking up a sport like racquetball, you’d be surprised at how fun even the simplest activity can be. If all else fails, use your imagination. All I’m saying is don’t fall into the boredom trap, or you will always look back on these years and regret all the things you wish you had done but didn’t. Sincerely, Jonathan Barnes