Kristal Kostiew Breaks her Own School Record in the Hammer Throw, Team Finishes Fifth

Junior captain Kristal Kostiew (Northwood, N.H.) broke her own school record in the hammer throw and placed in the top three in four events at a seven-team outdoor track and field meet at the University of New Hampshire Saturday. Kostiew won the hammer with a record-breaking toss of 187 feet, 11 inches, breaking her old record of 186-2 that she set last May. Kostiew also won the discus (141-4), placed second in the javelin (122-6) and was third in the shot put (44-1-1/2). Other highlights for the Catamounts included: Tee Gingras (Barre, Vt.) finishing sixth in the 1,500 in an excellent time of 4:34.99; sophomore Erin O’Grady (Raymond, N.H.) placing sixth in the 200 (12.98) and eighth in the 200 (26.97); freshman Abby Marsh (Parker, Colo.) taking fifth in the 100 hurdles (16.17) and eighth in the 400 hurdles (1:07.62); and Westminster, Vermont’s Sara Lovell placing fifth in the shot put (41-10). The Catamounts placed fifth out of seven teams with 78 points. Boston College was first with 156, followed by Dartmouth (145.5), Maine (120), UNH (85.5), Vermont (78), UMass Lowell (73) and Central Connecticut (72). -SportsInfo