Larceny from motor vehicle

Multiple cars in a parking garage on athletic campus were found to have been broken into and had property taken from them Jan. 30 at 1:50 a.m., according to a UVM police services report.

“It wouldn’t be easy to pay for the fix as an independent college student,” sophomore Jacob Dubois said.

UVM Police Officer Peter Czekaj was investigating reported suspicious behavior in the garage at the time.

Officer Czekaj’s investigation led to the identification of two males who had been in the garage: Zakk Trombly, age 19 from Milton, Vt. and Brandon Luther, age 23, according to the report.

Trombly was flash cited to appear in court Jan. 30, and he is expected to answer to the charges of Unlawful Mischief, Possession of Stolen Property and Petit Larceny, according to the report.

Luther is being held at the Chittenden Correctional Facility for a Violation of Conditions of his release from a prior criminal charge, the report said.

“It seems like it doesn’t happen that quickly normally. Actually I remember a cruiser shining his spot light all around campus when I got back around 3 a.m.,” Dubois said.

UVM police urge the public to not keep personal belongings in their cars. Rather, these items should be properly secured.

Police also stress that anyone who has had their vehicles broken into and/or property taken from them recently should contact the police agency in their area, the report said.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to report that information to Police Services by calling 802-656-3473 or by visiting the UVM Police Services website at www.uvm.edu/police.