New director of student life selected

Courtesy Linkedin

Sawyer Loftus, Senior Staff Writer

A new director of student life has been selected following the departure of former director Pat Brown.

Daphne R. Wells will be replacing Brown, who retired this June after 39 years of service to UVM. Wells was selected after a nationwide search according to a July 9 email from Dennis DePaul, associate dean of student affairs, and Annie Stevens vice provost for student affairs.

Wells has over 13 years of experience in student life according to the email. She is formerly the director of student leadership and engagement at Mississippi Valley State University, and the former assistant director at the University of Texas San Antonio according to the email.

Wells is a UVM alumni, she graduated from the University’s Higher Education Student Affairs program in 2006.

The division of Student Affairs is excited to welcome Wells aboard the UVM team, according to the email. “Daphne is an experienced student affairs professional and will bring a skillful approach to building an inclusive campus” the email stated.

Wells is slated to begin work in the Davis Center July 16th.

About the Writer
Sawyer Loftus, Assistant Breaking News Editor

Sawyer Loftus is the Assistant Breaking News Editor. He is a sophomore and is double majoring in History and Political Science. He is from Colchester,...

2 Comments

2 Responses to “New director of student life selected”

1. Scott on September 27th, 2018 12:21 am

There is more that needs to be considered than diversity…

2. Brendan on October 1st, 2018 8:55 am

She is more than qualified for this position! She has big shoes to fill, but she is more than qualified Scott!

New director of student life selected