NFL Week Five Predictions

Week number five of the NFL season separates the true contenders from all of the pretenders. There should be some be some great games this week. Here is how I see it playing out. The Game of the Week Cincinnati at Jacksonville – The Bengals have been the surprise of the season so far. They have played great offense and solid defense. But the Jaguars are a tough team and will be the first real test for Cincinnati. The Bengals will past this test and take over control of the AFC.The Best Of The Rest New England at Atlanta – This has all the makings of a fabulous game. QB Michael Vick has been leading the Falcons, while the Patriots just always find a way to win. This trend of winning games late will continue for the Pats in Atlanta.Tampa Bay at NY Jets – Without QB Chad Pennington the Jets will hard pressed to get their offense going. The powerful Buccaneers will walk out of NY with the win.Seattle at St. Louis – The Seahawks and Rams have both been inconsistent this year, but Seattle has been able to get t offense going and this will be the difference verses St. Louis. It will be a very close game with the Seahawks scoring a late touchdown to grab the win.New Orleans at Green Bay – Both teams have been disappointing this season. But because it is in Green Bay the Packers should be able to pull through with a big win. Chicago at Cleveland – The Bears defense has been dominant this season, and after a bye week their offense should be very composed. This combination will be too much for the inexperienced Browns.Baltimore at Detroit – The Ravens defense has not lived up to their billing as one of the best in the NFL. Against the Lions their struggles will continue, as QB Joey Harrington is able to find the talented weapons around him and get the win.Tennessee at Houston – The Titans will have just enough to be able to go into Houston and knock off the listless Texans.Miami at Buffalo – The game is in Buffalo and this will be the edge that the Bills need. They have been playing solid football and this is a game against an inconsistent Dolphins team that should not be too much of a challenge.Indianapolis at San Francisco – The Colts need to get their offense going, but until they do their defense will have to carry them. And that should not be a problem against the 49ers. The Colts will win big.Carolina at Arizona – This game has all the makings of a classic. Both teams are very talented but both have been inconsistent. Whichever team can make the fewest mistakes will win this game. On this particular week it will be the Panthers with the edge.Washington at Denver – While the Broncos have been playing very well of late, they will be challenged by the defensive-minded Redskins. But Washington doesn’t have enough on offense to make this enough of a game. Denver will pull away in the second half and win going away.Pittsburgh at San Diego – The Chargers have been having trouble getting going this season, and it will not get any easier as the Steelers come into town. QB Ben Roethlisberger will lead Pittsburgh to the big win.Upset Special: Philadelphia at Dallas – The Cowboys have been the comeback kids this season and they will do this again against the Eagles. Look for Philadelphia to jump out to a early lead, but then to get dominated in the fourth-quarter as Dallas wins.