Player Profile: Miguell Magrass

Miguel MagrassSPORT: MEN’S BASEBALLHeight: 6’3″Weight: 210 lbs.Throws/Bats: Right/RightYear: JuniorPosition: ShortstopNumber: 32Hometown: West Roxbury, MA2005 Season: Playing in all 49 games, he was second on the team with a .356 average and led Vermont with 63 hits, 34 runs scored, 17 stolen bases, 13 doubles, six triples and 38 RBI. He also had a team best .548 slugging percentage and .450 on base percentageNickname? Since High School a lot of people have just called me Miggy.What makes baseball such a great sport?Baseball is such a great sport because in every game, each player is put in a pressure situation. What player do you fashion yourself after? Or what player do you idolize and why?I like Craig Biggio of the Houston Astros because hes really versatile and always hustles.What do you love best about UVM?I really love the city of Burlington and chillin’ with my teammates.What is the biggest difference between batting against college pitchers compared to high school pitchers?The biggest difference is that college pitchers have much more command of there off speed pitches. They also have a lot more control of all their pitches.What do you like best about UVM baseball?Without a doubt, my teammates.Yankees or Red Sox?Definitely the Red Sox because I’m basically from Boston.Sunflower seeds or Bubble Gum? And why?I gotta’ go with Sunflower Seeds because gum gives you cavities.