Protests expected following departure of Attorney General

Courtesy www.trumpisnotabovethelaw.org

Courtesy www.trumpisnotabovethelaw.org

Courtesy www.trumpisnotabovethelaw.org

Sawyer Loftus, Assistant Breaking News Editor

Protests are brewing in Vermont following the outing of federal Attorney General Jeff Sessions, as concerns over the safety of the Trump-Russia investigation grow.

Thirteen separate protests are planned in Vermont, and are expected to be carried out Nov. 8 at 5 p.m. according to MoveOn, a progressive public policy advocacy group. The protests in Vermont are linked to a national call to protest from MoveOn, according to their website.

Protests are expected in Burlington, Montpelier, Rutland and several other large towns in Vermont. On the website associated with the Burlington event, over 1,000 protestors are listed as planning on attending.

The Burlington protest will begin at the Post Office on Elmwood Ave and move to City Hall for a rally, according to the website.

Courtesy of www.trumpisnotabovethelaw.org

About the Writer

Sawyer Loftus is the Assistant Breaking News Editor. He is a sophomore and is double majoring in History and Political Science. He is from Colchester, Vermont in his free time he loves to read, binge Netflix and snuggle with his dogs Daisy and Duncan. His favorite books are Brave New World by Aldous Huxley and Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut. He joined the Cynic in January 2018 as a first-year in the Podcast section. He has been a Multimedia Reporter, Senior Staff Writer and Summer Editor at the VT Cynic.