Seasons In Review ’06-’07: Men’s Basketball

RecordUVM matched the most wins record in school history with 25.With a 15-1 regular season record, the Cats were named America East Regular Season Champions.Most Valuable PlayersChris Holm and Mike TrimboliSenior Chris Holm broke the school single season rebound-ing record with an average of 12.2 rebounds per game. Holm finished with 401 offensive and defensive rebounds combined, while averaging 10.6 points per game.He recorded 16 double-doubles this season and making him one of only 12 players in the nation to average a double-double. Sophomore captain Trimboli led the team in points, averaging 15.8 points per game, and steals, with 62 on the season. Trimboli was voted America East’s Fan’s Choice Player of the Year and was second highest scorer in the conferenceWhat the Coach Has to SayHead coach Mike Lonergan”We got by all year having some of our weaknesses, but we rebounded well,” Lonergan said. “We didn’t rebound well today, which exposed our foul shooting.”Season HighlightAmerica East ChampionshipsThe Cats defeated Hartford in the quarterfinals (81-62) and downing UMBC in the semifinals (72-63) to bring the Championship game back to Patrick.Interesting FactCoach Mike Lonergan was named America East’s Coach of the Year and National Association of Basketball Coaches District I Coach of the Year. He also was a finalist for the Hugh Durham Mid-Major Coach of the Year award. Coach Lonergan lead the Cats to the America East Championship Title game for the second year in a row, posting a 38-23 game record.