Student dead in local motel

A UVM graduate student was found dead at the Travelodge Motel in South Burlington on Saturday, according to the Burlington Free Press.

Drina Vurbic, 33, of Euclid, Ohio, was in UVM’s doctoral psychology program, according to a letter from Annie Stevens, vice provost for Student Affairs. 

Vubric taught psychology at UVM as recently as summer 2012, according to UVM’s registrar. 

Vurbic was seen as very helpful, according to her students. 

“She is very conversational in her lectures so it’s not boring. Tests were hard but there were multiple extra credit chances,” according to a student’s comment on the Rate My Professor website. 

Vurbic was found unresponsive in her motel room by an employee of the motel, according to the Burlington Free Press.

The employee proceeded to call the South Burlington police, according to the press release. 

Vurbic was pronounced dead upon the arrival of the South Burlington Fire and EMS personnel, Burlington Free Press said.

An investigation of the death is being conducted by investigators from the Medical Examiners’ Office and Chittenden County State’s Attorney’s Office, explained BFP.

No foul play is suspected at the time, police said Saturday, according to Burlington Free Press.

An autopsy is to be completed early next week to determine the cause and manner of death.

More information is to be released as it becomes available.

If in need of additional support please do not hesitate to contact UVM’s Counseling Center (for students) at (802) 656-3340 or Life Scope Employee Assistance Program (for faculty and staff) at 1-800-828-6025.