UVM loses two students

Nicholas M. Simon After a struggle with cancer, senior Nicholas M. Simon died June 14 at his home in Northfield, Vt. According to an e-mail from Vice President for Student and Campus Life Thomas J. Gustafson, Simon was a social work major in the College of Education and Social Services. “Nick was a bright light who made deep connections with faculty, staff and students,” Gustafson said. “He was an avid outdoorsmen enjoying the beauty of nature and intimacy of friendship.” Simon was a member of the Phi Alpha Honors Society and was also the undergraduate student representative to the Department of Social Work faculty meetings.   If you are in need of support please contact UVM’s Counseling Center at 802-656-3340 or the Employee Assistance Program at 802-656-2100. Jon Bonatti Junior Jon Bonatti died at his home in Dix Hills, N.Y. on April 14. Bonatti was a student in the College of Arts and Sciences with a major in psychology, a news release from Thomas J. Gustafson, vice president for Student and Campus Life, stated. “Our deepest condolences are extended to his family,” Gustafson said.  “Jon will be deeply missed by his friends and faculty from within the University.” If you or someone you know is in need of additional support please contact UVM’s Counseling Center at 802-656-3340 or Employee Assistance Program at 802-656-2100.