Weekly Club Sport

Coming off an exciting and tremendous finish to last season, the men’s swimming club is in the middle of a transition year.The little-known team is small, comprised of only six swimmers, only one of which returns for this season.The team traveled to Virginia last year to compete in nationals, stunning the competition and placing third overall.Out of the six swimmers from that impressive performance, only junior Joe Hardie returned.”We had a great spring,” Hardie said. “This year is a year of transition and change over.””There are a lot of young and eager swimmers on this team, so if we can just get things rolling, we should be alright.”The team currently has a couple of tentative meets scheduled and is working on a day-to-day basis, Hardie said.The club is doing whatever they can to stay in the water, having friendly practices or get-together’s just to stay active.”We got off to a little bit of a late start this season, but we’re starting to find kids that are interested,” Hardie said. “With that, we’re getting some structure and formation.”The men’s swimming club is not at the high level of competition they achieved last year, but that’s certainly subject to change.Want to see your club sportfeatured in The Cynic?Email [email protected]