Women’s Hockey Names Local Vermonter, Becky Daley, Captain

BURLINGTON, Vt. – Senior defenseman Becky Daley, a native of Rutland, Vermont, has been named captain of the University of Vermont women’s hockey team. Juniors Kami Cote (Copperton, Utah) and Jackie Duerr (Longlake, Minn.) will serve as assistant captains this season. Daley, an assistant captain last season, has been an anchor on defense for the Catamounts for the past three years. She has played in 60 straight games over the past two years and 82 games in her career. Daley provides Vermont with a physical presence on the blue line. Cote has seen limited action as a goaltender for Vermont. However, with the graduation of Tiffany Hayes, Cote is primed to step in and take over the goaltending duties. She has played in 25 games in two years and owns a career save percentage of .898. Duerr is a talented forward for the Catamounts. She owns the distinction of scoring the game-winning goal in Vermont’s first Division I victory, a 3-2 overtime win at Boston College last season. She finished her sophomore season ranked fourth on the team in scoring with five points on two goals and three assists. The Catamounts hit the ice for formal practice on September 22nd. Vermont opens the regular season on October 10th and 11th with a pair of games at Wisconsin. For a complete UVM women’s hockey schedule and more information on the Catamounts please visit the official web site of UVM Athletics athttp://www.uvmathletics.com.-Athletic Communications