Fantasy Football Picks for Week 4

Nick Sullivan, Staff Writer

MUST STARTS:

QB Tom Brady (NE) – Brady has already racked up eight touchdowns and thrown for over 1,000 yards throughout three games without an interception. This week he faces an immobile Cam Newton and the 2-1 Panthers who have only scored one touchdown over the last two weeks. Do I need to say anything else?

RB Kareem Hunt (KC) – Hunt is averaging almost 180 scrimmage yards per game, and continues to lead one of the most offensively explosive teams in the league. The Chiefs play the Redskins this week, who I must say looked impressive against Marshawn Lynch, however, you have the start Hunt. Let the rookie running backs continue to dominate this season.

WR Jordy Nelson (GB) – Regardless of the Bears’ impressive OT win against the Steelers, their secondary is still so questionable, and the Packers have to win this Thursday in order to move up in the NFC North. Look for a high volume of targets towards Aaron Rodgers favorite offensive threat.

BENCH THEM:

QB Cam Newton (CAR) – It pains me to say this because I have him on my team, but bench Cam Newton this week. His shoulder injury is clearly still affecting his mobility and accuracy, and the loss of Greg Olsen and potentially Kelvin Benjamin this week against the red-hot Pats isn’t an ideal matchup.

RB’s Bernard and Hill (CIN) – After the firing of Zampese in Cincinnati, new offensive coordinator Bill Lazor’s promotion has significantly affected the backfield roles of Bernard and Hill. In addition to Lazor, the drafting of versatile rookie Joe Mixon in 2016 also gives the Bengals more reasons to rely on the two veterans less. Consider them desperate flex handcuffs.

WR Rishard Matthews (TEN) – After having his most productive week since the start of the season, I’m still not buying into Matthews’ hype. He might’ve scored against a porous Seahawks’ secondary, but a potential return of rookie Corey Davis, and a formidable matchup against Houston this week who held their own against the Pats does not bode well for this wideout.

WAIVER WIRE PICKUPS:

QB Carson Wentz (PHI) – If you’re like me, and you’re looking for a free agent quarterback, turn to sophomore starter Carson Wentz. He’s only owned in 58% of leagues, and with a depleted backfield and wideouts like Alshon Jeffrey and Nelson Agholor, expect deep bombs and plenty of impressive scrambles as he looks to take the Eagles to the top of the NFC East.

WR Sterling Shepard (NYG) – Just because he shares the field with OBJ, doesn’t mean you can’t trust him. Shepard is owned in 34% of leagues, so stash him on your bench. He can serve as a satisfactory flex in deep leagues, or an occasional substitute for players injured or on a bye week, but don’t expect weekly elite production.

RB Derrick Henry (TEN) – Even though he’s only available in 13% of leagues, if he’s still a free agent, add him. As Demarco Murray’s production starts to drop, the 2015 Heisman winner is seeing more looks. Murray will continue to remain the starter, but keep Henry on your bench for any sudden injuries or an increase in offensive production as the Titans continue to feel out how they’ll work their backfield.