NFL predictions: Week 10

WHO I LIKE

QB, Blake Bortles (JAX) – After struggling to get it going against the Chiefs, Bortles will look to rebound against the 5-3 Texans. Houston leads the AFC South right now, but an Osweiler-led offense is anything but promising. Expect a lot of passes out of Bortles, and a lot of garbage time.

RB, Melvin Gordon (SD) – The second-year back out of Wisconsin had quite a game last Sunday, collecting 261 all-purpose yards and a score. San Diego is scheduled to play Miami next, who are normally quite good at stopping the run, but don’t let this stop you from starting Gordon.

WR, Mike Evans (TB) – Mike Evans is playing like an absolute animal this season. Through nine weeks, he’s only gone two without a score, and has racked up 745 receiving yards. No matchup, especially against the Bears this weekend, should stop owners from starting Evans.

TE, Jason Witten (DAL) – Has veteran tight end Jason Witten finally gotten out of his slump? After seven weeks of scoreless games, he has now scored twice in his last two. Witten is clearly starting to show up on Prescott’s radar now, so let’s see how he plays against Pittsburgh this weekend.

MY WAIVER WIRE PICKUPS

RB, Tim Hightower (NO) – I don’t think anybody has a clear understanding of what the current running back situation down in New Orleans is, but it’s working out for Tim High- tower. He’s available in 60% of leagues, and is seeing a significant increase in offensive involvement.

RB, James Starks (GB) – Although still benched due to injury, Starks would be an interesting pickup if you’re patient enough. Montgomery, a WR/RB hybrid, has been a nice addition to the Green Bay backfield, but I’m sure a healthy James Starks could sneak his way back into the rotation eventually.

WR, Rishard Matthews (TEN) – Despite the Titans’ 4-5 record, Matthews, available in 89 percent of leagues, has been able to shed light onto the offense. In his last five games, he’s averaged one touchdown and about 50 yards per game.

WR, Kenny Britt (LA) – After another impressive per Britt has sealed himself as the Rams most productive receiver. Britt has accumulated three scores in the last three games, and depending on how pressed Darrelle Revis plays him next week, he should be a decent starting flex against the Jets.