Opt for Gentlemen’s Top Option

Do you have a Y chromosome? If so, you should know that at 86 Lake Street, a block north from Burlington Bay Market & Café, lies a well-hidden establishment. Founded in January of 1996, Gentlemen’s Top Option, referred to as “GTO” by its regulars, is an exclusive salon run strictly for males. Men of all ages purchase GTO’s services, from the pre-pubescent to the sexagenarian.

GTO’s appearance from the inside exudes the appearance of a successful business characterized by efficiency, cleanliness, and know-how. The mirrors are always spotless, the floors are always well-swept, and facilities are quite accommodating.

The owner, Penny Jones, employs ten young, upbeat women who deserve to get the business. All were individually trained upon hire and are masterful with their tradecraft’s tools.

The friendly employees warmly greet newly-arrived clients. After the initial check-in, patrons are encouraged to take a seat on a plush leather seats and enjoy some reading material.

The stylist then greets the client and brings him to her chair. From most chairs, large windows are visible that display picturesque views of Lake Champlain.

GTO’s location is quite remote. It is among some newly built and uninhabited buildings, which contributes to its mystery.

The isolation of its location allows for a degree of privacy. The exclusivity does not detract from GTO’s business because the privacy it offers overshadows its hidden nature.

In addition to haircuts, services such as waxing, manicures and pedicures are offered. Its location permits men to discreetly receive these services, which may cause them some embarrassment.

If it is a patron’s first time, the stylist will listen to what the client desires and at times makes insightful suggestions. If the patron is a previous customer, a record exists that details his previous haircut and individual preferences.

This makes the process much more efficient insofar as if a customer was satisfied with his previous visit, he will not struggle without the knowledge of the technical jargon when describing what was done. And, if the patron was dissatisfied with his previous haircut, the stylist can evaluate what was done and augment the records to match the client’s new preference.

Once the routine is hammered out, the patron undergoes a shampoo and condition session. A haircut follows as well as a subsequent straight razor neck shave.

The experience culminates in a hot towel neck massage, which is quite enjoyable. I am not able to describe the intricacies of the pedicures, manicures and waxings, but I am sure that they are top-notch and on par with the haircuts.

The cost of a haircut is $24. I consider this a fair fee for all that is offered and highly recommend enlisting their services.

GTO is a well-managed business that prides itself on customer satisfaction. Call (802) 863-3969 and opt for GTO today.