Eat At Mikes

Like a good slice of pizza? Can’t wait to get your hands on a warm, gooey steak and cheese? Do the words “beer,” “food,” and “pool” make you slightly aroused?

If the answer is “yes,” then I’ve got the place for you. The name is Mr. Mikes, and whether you’re getting a quick bite to eat, preparing for a night of outrageous intoxication, or just looking for the prettiest bartenders in Burlington, this place can’t be beat. Proprietors Luke Dousevicz and Boudee Luangrath bought the pizzeria/bar a little over three months ago and they’ve got big plans for the place. Since the purchase, the two young owners have renovated the front dining room, creating some much-needed space, added two more quality televisions, renewed their liquor license, and are currently working on getting an entertainment permit for bands and performers.

And what good bar would be complete without a pool table? While many of Burlington’s liquor vendors neglect this aspect of the nightlife, Mr. Mikes recognizes my need for “athletic” fulfillment while I’m chugging beers and gorging myself on hot-hot-hot wings, and for that I thank them. Speaking of wings, if you kids in the dorms are sick of the crappy Domino’s/ Leonardo’s no meat, barely spicy, f*cking expensive wing monopoly, I’ve got some good news for you: Mr. Mikes delivers.

I know that a few of you are sitting in your rooms now reading this, bongs in hand, seeking salvation from drug induced hunger. Well, relief is just a phone call away, so get up, find the phone (careful, don’t knock over the bong) and let your stomach do the dialing. And if that doesn’t work, use your fingers. Mr. Mikes: the best pizzeria/bar you’ll find short of driving three hours to Boston.