As snow storm approaches, Burlington puts parking ban in place

File+Photo+Nov.+2019.+

SAWYER LOFTUS/Vermont Cynic

File Photo Nov. 2019.

Sawyer Loftus, News Editor

As a winter storm carrying an expected six to twelve inches of snow approaches Burlington, the city has issued its first parking ban of the season.

The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for Chittenden County, including the city of Burlington starting at 1 p.m. Nov. 11 through 1 p.m. Nov. 12. The city issued the parking ban this morning asking residents who park on the streets of Burlington to park elsewhere from 10 p.m. Nov. 11 through 7 a.m. Nov. 12.

The details

Those who live outside of the downtown sector are asked to move their cars from the roadway starting at 10 p.m. In the downtown sector, residents must move their cars by midnight through 6 a.m. Nov. 12, according to the Department of Public Works.

The following city garages are available for residents to park their cars for free from 8 p.m.- 8 a.m.:

• Marketplace Garage (47 S. Winooski: entrances on Cherry St & Bank St)
  • College St Garage (60 College St: entrances on College St and Battery St) – just off of Battery St
  • Lakeview Garage (41 Cherry St: entrance on Cherry St) – just off of Battery St
In this map provided by the Department of Public Works, the three city garages where free parking is available are indicated. All cars must be removed by 8 a.m. Nov. 12.

Other than garages, cars should park in their driveways and failure to move your car could result in a $125 fine.