Board of trustees re-elects chair, appoints new members

Editor’s note: This story was updated March 3 at 1:55 p.m. to correct new members’ start dates. 

UVM’s board of trustees re-elected Ron Lumbra as its chair and welcomed three recently-elected members to begin their terms on the board March 1, according to a March 1 press release. 

Lumbra will remain chair for another one-year term and is slated to remain on the board until March 2028, according to the press release. Lumbra has an extensive track record of recruiting board directors and chief executive officers to numerous clients. 

He has over 22 years of experience in executive search and succession consulting, is a New York-based partner in the CEO & Board Practice of Heidrick & Struggles and was previously the managing partner of the firm’s Centers of Excellence Americas region, according to the press release. 

“I’m honored to be entrusted again as chair of this dedicated board,” Lumbra said. “The past two years have been a challenge and an inspiration. As we welcome new trustees today, we look to the future. In the months and years ahead, the board will move to strengthen UVM for the long term.” 

The Associate Directors for the appointment of Student Trustees appointed Kenny Nguyen, a first-year medical student, to serve a two-year term on the board, according to the press release. 

The UVM Board appointed Susan Brengle ‘85, a vice president and managing director for institutional business at Eaton Vance Management, a Boston-based investment firm, according to the press release. 

The UVM Board also appointed Kristina Pisanell ‘97, vice president of global government affairs for the Americas region for Medtronic, a Minneapolis-based medical device company, according to the press release.