‘Star Wars’ breeds sexism

" />

‘Star Wars’ breeds sexism

Is Princess Leia too old for her buns?

So much progress has been made in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.” Daisy Ridley plays Rey, an aspiring pilot for the resistance who ends up kicking Kylo Ren’s ass.

The film has been seen as a triumph for feminism. Finally, a film where the female lead does more than shop and talk about non-existent problems.  I’m looking at you, Carrie Bradshaw.

But others are not as impressed with the female leads.Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 3.51.22 PM

People have been giving flack to Carrie Fischer, who has been playing Princess Leia since 1977, when the original “Star Wars” came out.  People (internet trolls) are claiming she has “not aged well,” and is too old to still be playing Princess Leia.

Fischer is 59 years old and some are still expecting her to look like her 21-year-old self.

Last time I checked, we weren’t discussing how old and haggard Harrison Ford looked while confronting Kylo Ren, even though he is 14 years older than Fischer.

Why is it that when women age, it’s a betrayal to society, but when men age they are simply getting wiser, more stoic and more handsome?

Women are expected to freeze time with miracle creams, hair dyes and plastic surgeries, while men rock the “salt and pepper” look.

If Princess Leia can serve on the Imperial Senate, resist torture from Darth Vader, evacuate a rebel base and survive being Jabba the Hut’s sex slave, I say she gets to age however she pleases.

I mean, seriously, have you seen Jabba?

Leia should be #sorrynotsorry she was too busy saving the day to put on wrinkle cream.