Crime Log: March 4 – March 12

March 4

2:15 p.m.

Police received a report of stolen drill bits from a cabinet in the UVM Physical Plan.

The drill bits are believed to have been stolen between Feb. 25 and March 4.

March 7, 3:10 a.m. A student tried to get into Harris Millis, but the building was locked.

An officer saw the student in front of the building, and the student asked the officer to allow him into the building because he had a friend there. The officer said no, because it was spring break.

The officer noticed the student remained at the entrance for another 30 minutes after  checking surveillance cameras. The student kicks and punches the door,  and took a bucket of custodial salt and threw it all over the floor and onto the locked door.

8:30 p.m.

A burglary was reported at the Redstone Lofts, sometime between 11:30 p.m, March 6 and 1:00 a.m., March 7 or between 1:30 a.m., March 7 and 8:00 a.m, March 7.

A camera and some camera equipment were taken. There were no signs of forced entry, and there are no suspects at this time.

March 11

10:28 a.m.

During health and safety checks, two bongs and a marijuana pipe were found in a room in Coolidge Hall.

Drug paraphernalia had also been found in Simpson and Hamilton halls, as well as a traffic sign that belonged to the city of Burlington.

The paraphernalia was destroyed by police, and the traffic sign has been returned to the city. Reports have been forwarded to the Center for Student Ethics & Standards.

March 12

1:04 a.m.

Police responded to an incident outside of the Davis Center.

A person noticed a red glow, and assumed that  someone had been recording them. Police located the suspect, and determined the red glow came from a lit cigarette the person had been smoking.