Cynic NFL picks

Cincinnati Bengals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
Pick Steelers

The first time these divisional opponents played, the Bengals won 23-20 on a fourth-quarter touchdown with 14 seconds to spare.  But the Steelers know what to expect now from one of the NFL’s surprise teams and will try and gain a strong hold on the AFC North.
Also, the Steelers have not lost at home yet this year and the Bengals have a 2-2 record on the road.

Chicago Bears vs.
San Francisco 49ers
Pick 49ers

This is the first Thursday night game of the 2009 NFL regular season.  So both teams are coming into this game with only three days of rest from Sunday.
Neither team has been consistent this year, showing bursts of greatness and then bouts of poorness.  But the 49ers have showed more promise, especially with the play of Alex Smith. Pick them in a close one.
Dallas Cowboys vs. Green Bay Packers
Pick Packers

The Packers have one of the better run defenses in the league and the Cowboys have one of the league’s better running attacks. But when push comes to shove, I always go with the defense in these sort of head-to-head match-ups.
It seems the Packers’ biggest weakness is protecting Aaron Rodgers, and the Cowboys have struggled getting to the quarterback.  Look for Rodgers to stay upright and lead the Pack to a victory.

Philadelphia Eagles vs. San Diego Chargers
Pick Chargers

You’re always hearing about how the West Coast teams have trouble winning on the East Coast, but never the other way around.
The only real reason I can think of why the lowly Raiders beat the Eagles was that they played in Oakland, on the West Coast.  Well the Eagles travel to San Diego, where they will struggle, McNabb will likely be inconsistent, and the Chargers will pull off the victory.
New England Patriots vs. Indianapolis Colts
Pick Patriots

A classic 21st century rivalry continues.
If the Texans did not hand the Colts their first loss last week, then the Patriots would have undoubtedly taken it upon themselves to knock the Colts from the rank of the unbeaten.
This is definitely a game worth watching. These two teams only face each other every other year, and when they meet, they never fail to put on a show.

Baltimore Ravens vs. Cleveland Browns
Pick Ravens

This is a lackluster Monday night game.  Granted they are divisional opponents, but can anyone see the Browns, who average less than 10 points per game, beating the Ravens?
When the teams met the first time in week three, the Ravens scorched the Browns to the tune of 34-3.  The woes will continue for Eric Mangini and one of the worst teams in the league.